Compass Con: Future-Focused Digital Marketing Tactics, Today
Join a network of like-minded professionals at Compass Con on Friday, May 3, at 8:00 a.m. for a morning of free digital marketing professional development designed exclusively for Blue Compass clients. Hear what our experts have to say about some of the top trends impacting digital marketers today, including:
- How is artificial intelligence shifting the search landscape?
- Is Google losing relevance with younger generations?
- How can marketers use content pillar pieces to improve SEO?
Our web development and digital marketing experts are ready to dive into these topics and more to answer your questions! Throughout the morning, attendees can connect with the Blue Compass team, meet fellow professionals and gain insights into emerging digital trends (and maybe walk away with a door prize if you’re lucky!).
Save the Date & Secure Your Spot Today!
Who: Exclusively for Blue Compass clients
When: Friday, May 3 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Where: Blue Compass’ West48 Conference Center
Why: Network with fellow marketing professionals while expanding your digital toolkit to adapt to the latest trends and recommendations for online marketing success
How: Register to save your spot today
Sign Me Up!
Join Us in Our West48 Conference Center
Be our guest! Compass Con is hosted in our West48 conference space directly below our office. Located at 1601 48th St. Suite 100, in West Des Moines, West48 is a modern conference center where professionals meet to collaborate and learn from one another. Together, we'll explore current digital marketing trends. But first, snacks! We’ll provide coffee and a light breakfast to help you stay sharp throughout the sessions.
Blue Compass Presents: Compass Con
Arrival & Networking | 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Welcome Message | 8:30 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
Google Perspectives, Rich Results & AI—Oh My! | 8:45 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
Jay Snyder, Senior Digital Marketing Strategist
Google has tested various rich result opportunities over the last couple of years. Most recently, they introduced Google Perspectives to more prominently display discussions and thoughts from real people. This shift in how Google ranks content coincides with its rollout of generative AI (GAI) results, which take up a significant portion of search result space above the fold. With so many updates to the search landscape, it’s clear Google’s ranking priorities have evolved. Find out strategies for getting your content to rank among the new search engine results features Google has to offer, plus tips and tricks to help AI work for you rather than against you. We’ll discuss:
- How marketers can optimize content to rank for Google’s AI results and still appear relevant and top-of-mind for consumers
- Different best practices to optimize for rich results (such as featured snippets) vs. GAI
- How marketers can use AI to enhance their SEO & digital marketing efforts
- What processes AI can improve
- How we can know AI won’t replace our jobs as marketing professionals
Is Search on Social Giving Google a Run for Its Money? | 9:15 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
Katrina Reger, Director of Digital Marketing
With younger generations turning to social media platforms like TikTok to answer their search queries, Google may have to work harder to maintain its reign as the top search engine. Or is it already making moves in that direction? We’re here to answer your questions about the future of the search engine giant, including:
- How usage trends have shifted for Google in the past year
- How people utilize Google as a search engine today
- Which social media platforms people are using as search engines
- What types of content users are searching for on these platforms compared to what they’re searching for on Google
- What measures Google is taking to stay competitive
Break | 9:45 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Improve Reach & Results in Search With Performance Max Campaigns | 10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Mallory Suntken, Digital Marketing Analyst
Google Ads rolled out Performance Max campaigns back in 2021, but many marketers still have yet to take advantage of the benefits this campaign type can bring to a wide range of businesses. We’ll share how Performance Max campaigns enable your business to maximize ad results, touching on the need-to-knows, including:
- What businesses benefit the most from utilizing Performance Max campaigns
- How Performance Max campaigns differ from traditional search campaigns
- How marketers can optimize Performance Max campaigns efficiently to grow business reach and results
The Power of Content: How to Craft a Killer Pillar Piece | 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Hannah Hardie, Digital Marketing Analyst
Pillar pieces play a pivotal role in establishing a website’s authority, providing in-depth information as a resource hub centered around one general topic. These detailed content pages also help search engines confirm that the content will bring value to website visitors. Depending on the amount of content on a website and the depth of the subject matter, a pillar piece is a natural next step to organize related content and create a web of resources around a topic. Discover the power of a pillar piece to boost your web presence, including:
- How to determine which topics are worthy of a pillar piece
- How you should structure a pillar piece to unify website resources
- How pillar pieces benefit a website’s SEO
- How marketers can use pillar pieces to improve on-page metrics and user engagement with their content
Digital Experts Panel | 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
After a morning of learning what’s new and buzz-worthy in digital marketing, our panel of experts will answer questions on trending topics in the industry and any lingering questions you may have. Ask us about SEO or AI, social media or content marketing, design or development—we’ll do our best to equip you with the knowledge you need to implement various marketing tactics in your own office. If you have a question specific to Blue Compass itself, ask away! That’s what we’re here for. Our panelists include:
- Drew Harden, Co-Founder & CEO
- Stephanie Wubben, Business Development Director
- David Wanat, Senior Network Administrator & Developer
- Katrina Reger, Director of Digital Marketing
- Kaylee DeLacy, Digital Marketing Analyst
Blue Compass does a lot behind the scenes to aid your business throughout the year, but being able to gather face-to-face with the passionate professionals we work alongside is always a highlight. Compass Con is a forward-thinking, inspirational space to discuss the future of digital marketing together.
Enter your information below to claim spots for up to two people per organization to join us at Compass Con. Please note each attendee will need to register separately. If your organization would like to send more than two team members, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and she’ll happily address any requests or questions you have. We look forward to seeing you there!