Blue Compass Digital Marketing Copywriter
Do you enjoy crafting compelling messaging and content? Are you interested in helping brands tell their stories online through blogs and articles, website content, social media and other digital platforms? Blue Compass wants you on our team! We are looking for a full-time Copywriter who will work with a wide variety of clients across multiple industries.
At Blue Compass, our Copywriters focus on writing optimized content based on strategies developed by our digital marketing team.
Copywriter Responsibilities Will Include:
- Performing strategic keyword research and developing SEO-friendly outlines for client blogs, pages and long-form content.
- Writing effective copy and content that matches various clients' brand, voice and tone.
- Collaborating with team members and clients to develop and implement unique, strategic digital marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Researching various topics to write web page content, blogs, articles, white papers, etc., while following search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Using project briefs and outlines to create and implement quality content across digital mediums such as blog articles, web pages, infographics, social media posts and online ads.
- Recommending updates and optimizations to blog content, web pages, digital ads, etc. based on expertise, research, trends and testing.
- Enhancing existing website with strategic internal linking and anchor text strategies.
Requirements For The Copywriter Role:
- 3-4 years of experience in copywriting. Previous digital marketing agency experience is a plus.
- Candidate must have experience with the following: brand messaging, content marketing, blog planning and development, keyword research, SEO-compliant copywriting, social media marketing, scriptwriting and digital advertising copy.
- Four-year degree in marketing or related field preferred.
- Industry certifications are desirable.
The Ideal Blue Compass Team Member:
- Self-motivated and able to meet goals and deadlines
- Values continuing education, learning more about digital marketing and staying up-to-date on industry news
- Team player who works well within an open and collaborative environment
- Able to turn content ideas and technical knowledge into attention-grabbing stories
Blue Compass Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Graduated paid time off
- Ability to earn additional 7 days PTO
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- 401K with 3.5% company match
- Health and dental insurance
- Vision and accident insurance
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Flexible spending account (FSA / cafeteria plan)
- Office volunteer opportunities
- Optional work from home Fridays
- 24/7 access to Blue Compass Fitness Center
- Free rentals of West48 Event Center
- Monthly team lunches
- Team outings and events
- Casual office dress code
- Dog-friendly office
- & more!