Social Media Marketing | Des Moines Brands Leading the Way
Over the years, social media marketing has developed from a tool used by some brands to an ad medium unlike any other which almost every company around the globe utilizes. It is safe to say that with the help of social media marketing, brands can reach consumers all over the world. This is a drastic change from just 15 years ago. To put it into perspective, there are 3.17 billion internet users worldwide, and 2.3 billion are active on social media. And if that wasn’t convincing enough, there are approximately one million new active mobile social media users every single day.
Although we all have our personal favorite brands on social media such as Nike, Sephora, Oreo and Beyonce (yes, celebrities are considered a brand/influencer), local brands are beginning to make a name for themselves. And let’s be honest, Des Moines brands are showing us how it should be done. With that being said, let’s take a deep dive into the benefits of social media marketing and the companies right here in the Des Moines metro that are utilizing social media to catapult their business to the next level.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
First and foremost, we need to discuss the benefits of social media marketing. We can assume that the majority of businesses today understand that they need to be on social media to reach their desired audiences. However, many businesses may not necessarily know which social platforms they should be on or why they are valuable and beneficial to their company and its success. This being the case, let’s take a look at some useful statistics that showcase why social media marketing is becoming one of the most important parts of a business’ marketing strategy.
97 percent of online adults aged 16-64 have visited or used a social media platform within the last month
Internet users have an average of 7 social media accounts
About 1 in 3 minutes spent online is devoted to social media and messaging
33 percent of Millennials state that social media is one of their preferred channels for communicating with businesses
Today, social media is the second-most efficient digital tactic for customer retention (behind email)
66% of people utilize social media to learn about new products or services
Des Moines Brands Rocking Social Media Marketing
Now that we have covered the various benefits of social media marketing let’s jump into the Des Moines brands that are taking advantage of these powerful ad mediums and showing us how it should be done.
Des Moines Social Media Marketing | Facebook
There is no doubt that Facebook is considered to be one of the ‘original’ social media platforms. And let’s be honest, with the amount of traffic and engagement that Facebook receives on a daily and monthly basis, we understand why. Check out a few quick facts about the unbelievable social network, Facebook.
Did You Know? | Facebook Statistics
- 79 percent of Internet users use Facebook.
- 1.8 billion people log into Facebook each day.
- Globally, Facebook remains the top social media network for membership.
- Today, there are approximately 40 million active small business pages on Facebook.
- 79 percent of users prefer to use Facebook to connect with brands.
Power Life Yoga
Des Moines Social Media Marketing | Twitter
Next up is Twitter. As one of the oldest social media platforms (right behind Facebook), Twitter makes a big splash when it comes to user engagement, especially for brands. See how big of an impact it really makes in the statistics below.
Did You Know? | Twitter Statistics
- 92 percent of all user interaction on tweets occur from link clicks.
- Approximately 24 percent of internet users utilize Twitter.
- There are about 317 million monthly active users on Twitter.
- About 6,000 tweets are sent per second Twitter.
- 78 percent of people who complain to a brand on Twitter expect a response within an hour.
Greater Des Moines Partnership
Des Moines Social Media Marketing | Instagram
One of the newest and fastest growing social platforms today is Instagram. This visual platform is one that every brand should be on when looking for that extra boost of brand awareness. But don’t take our work for it, check out the stats below.
Did You Know? | Instagram Statistics
- 90 percent of Instagram users are younger than 35.
- Instagram has over 500 million users a month.
- 1 in 4 Instagram users share their photos on other social networks.
- There are over 80 million Instagram photos uploaded a day.
- Instagram users ‘like’ 4.2 billion posts per day.
Des Moines Social Media Marketing | Pinterest
Last but certainly not least is Pinterest. Popularly known as ‘the catalog of ideas,’ Pinterest is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to brand awareness and product engagement. But how popular is this social platform? See below.
Did You Know? | Pinterest Statistics
- There are over 150 million active users on Pinterest.
- Approximately 2 billion monthly searches take place on Pinterest.
- 87 percent of pinners on Pinterest have purchased a product.
- 93 percent of pinners state that they use Pinterest to plan for purchases.
- There are more than 14 million articles pinned each day on Pinterest.
Need Help With Social Media Marketing?
The digital marketing team at Blue Compass can help! Don’t let your social media presence go to waste; give it the attention it deserves, and you'll gain valuable leads in no time! Contact us today.
Did You Enjoy This Blog? Check Out Similar Pieces!