SlideShare is the world's largest community for sharing presentations. Many businesses and professionals are turning to SlideShare as a way to distribute content, engage with potential customers and generate leads, but did you know that you can use SlideShare for SEO, branding, content marketing and link building?
The importance of visuals in content marketing has made SlideShare one of the most popular content marketing platforms in the world. Your business can be a part of this active and vibrant community that educates, informs and entertains simply by uploading presentations and interacting with other SlideShare members. Once you've developed a solid strategy, you can even use SlideShare to showcase your thought leadership, network with industry professionals and get invited to speak at events.
In addition to the community benefits, SlideShare is an extremely effective platform for boosting SEO. With SlideShare, you get the power of one of the most powerful domains in the content marketing arena to help you rank better with search engines. Because of this, SlideShare content is frequently featured in Google's organic search results. In fact, Google's search bots visit SlideShare every day to index new content.
With millions of visits daily by like-minded professionals, SlideShare can take your content marketing strategy to the next level. Let's take a look at the stats to better understand why SlideShare is dominating as the world's largest presentation community:
- SlideShare receives over 60 million visits and 130 million page views every month.
- It is amongst the most visited 200 websites in the world.
- In addition to presentations, SlideShare also supports documents, PDFs, videos and webinars.
- SlideShare can now be viewed on millions of mobile devices - iPhone, iPads, iPods, Windows 7 and 8 Phones, and Android devices. Just type www.slideshare.net in your mobile browser and you can access the mobile optimized version of SlideShare.
How to Optimize Your SlideShare Content for SEO
SlideShare is the best way to get your slides out on the web, so your ideas can be found and shared by a wide audience. Here are some tips for how to optimize your presentations for search (both on SlideShare and in search engines).
- File Name: Start by naming your document, PDF, presentation or video using the keywords you'd like your presentation to appear for in search.
- Title: Optimize the title of your content for SEO by including important keywords in the title of the document, PDF, presentation or video that you upload to SlideShare.
- Presentation Tags: You can include up to 20 tags with your presentation. Tags help your content appear within when SlideShares search for your content within the platform. While it is unknown whether or not Google's bots crawl these tags, it is good practice to include them.
- Description: Including a brief description for the content you're uploading will drive search traffic to your content. Long tail keywords should be included in the description of your content, specifically those with less competition.
- Categories: A proper category for your file will also make it easier to find and drive more engagement.
- Anchor Texts/Hyperlinked URLs: You can include links within your content. For example, you can include links on each slide of your presentation that link back to your website.
- Profile Tags: You can include up to 25 tags on your profile page. Tags will be displayed alphabetically. These tags help you categorize the type of content you'll be sharing from your SlideShare profile.
- Share Your Content: Share your SlideShare content across social platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest or via email.
Note: When files are uploaded to SlideShare, it takes a few hours (6-12 hours) before it is indexed. In addition, Google's search bots visit SlideShare every day and index new content, but this is not immediate. It could take up to 24 hours for your uploaded files to appear in Google search results.
In addition to optimizing your SlideShare content for search, you can also gain web traffic from the SlideShare audience when your content is compelling enough to make it to the homepage of platform under Featured, Popular and Most Liked Content. But how exactly do you get your content featured on the SlideShare homepage? SlideShare tells all in this presentation, "7 Tips For Getting Featured on SlideShare."
Not on Slideshare yet? Below is a quick presentation from SlideShare on why you should use the first and most popular document-sharing and presentation community in the world.
Stay tuned for part two of our SlideShare for SEO series to find out how you can use SlideShare for link building and driving traffic to your site.