In December 2015, it was a cold, wintry day when we entered work to the Horizon Interactive Awards, an international awards committee. In April, a few months later and degrees warmer, we were thrilled to learn Blue Compass was a winner, earning seven awards from this prestigious awards committee! It’s an honor to be recognized alongside the many talented other groups from around the world in the interactive media industry.
About the Horizon Awards
The Horizon Interactive Awards are currently in their 14th season and have become a prestigious award in the creative and interactive fields. According to the organization, they recognize, promote and award the best websites, videos, online advertising, mobile applications and print media. They receive thousands of entries each year from all 50 states and over 40 countries around the world.
There are several types of Horizon Interactive Awards professionals can win:
- Best of Show
- Best of Category
- Best Agency
- Best Agency Runner Up
- Distinguished Agency
- Gold Level Winners
- Silver Level Winners
- Bronze Level Winners
- Best Use of Photography
- Best Use of Typography
All entries have the ability to win a Gold, Silver or Bronze level award. The Gold level winners are then eligible to win for the Best of Category, which is only given to one entry per category. Overall, there is just one Best of Show winner. For more on how the Horizon Awards are juried, check out the judging criteria here.
Horizon Awards Received by Blue Compass
Below are the seven awards Blue Compass earned:
- Des Moines Christian School Website Redesign. For this entry, Blue Compass received a Gold level award in the Websites - School/University category.
- Kemin Website. We brought home a Bronze level award for this entry in the Websites - Responsive/Mobile Design category.Blue Compass
- "Be Merry, Choose a Charity" Holiday Contest 2015. Our annual holiday charity contest earned a Bronze level award in the Websites - Advocacy category.
- ARAG #LifeisArt Marketing Campaign. We brought home a Bronze level award in the Advertising - Integrated Campaign category for our work with ARAG on their #LifeisArt marketing campaign.
- Space Simply Website Launch. For our partnership with Space Simply, we received a Bronze level award from the Websites - Consumer Information category.
- Spalding Website Redesign. The Blue Compass team earned a Bronze level award in the category Websites - eCommerce/Shopping for work on the Spalding site redesign.
On top of the above awards, we also were named 2015 Distinguished Agency/Developer; an unanticipated honor as Blue Compass did not apply to receive this distinguishment. Blue Compass is proud to partner with such wonderful clients and team members and would like to thank everyone who had a hand in these projects. Without you and all of your hard work, we wouldn’t have been able to receive any of these prestigious awards in 2015 and previous years. Once again, thank you to our clients and team Blue Compass!
Learn How Blue Compass can Benefit You
Whether it’s a modern website design or a robust digital marketing strategy, Blue Compass can help you build a strong digital presence. Contact us today to learn how we can make you in the “Best in Category” for your industry!